viernes, 15 de octubre de 2010

Fame

I am getting up, a harmful shiny light enters the room through the big glass of the window that covers completely one of the room's walls. I think that I should stay in bed for a while yet, but that light does not allow me to sleep or even close my eyes. I cannot think and I try to stand up but I feel quite dizzy, and it seems that my head is about to explode. And that light, that light is really hurting me, it is burning my eyes and I cannot bear it. I try hard to reach the window and close the curtains but I trip over a chair and I fall on the floor. Now, I am feeling more dizziness and more pain and that damned light continues killing me. I crawl on the floor and I manage to close the curtains and I feel a bit better but I need some rest yet. I am thinking about going back to bed but I fall asleep again, this time on the floor.
I wake up again, I am still on the floor, and feeling a lot of pain. My head is like a volcano ready to erupt and I also have a stomach ache and some pain in my right leg. I am able to sit on the edge of the bed and try to remember something but it is difficult. I look around and I see that it is 7:36pm if the clock over my bedside table is correct. I do not know how long I have been sleeping for but It has to be more than twelve hours.
After half an hour under the shower I feel a bit better and even awake. I put some clothes on and head to the room's door. When I open the door I can see a guy, a big guy standing in front of me. He greets me and asks me if I am going to need a car or I am going to stay at the hotel. I am not really sure, I only want to have some breakfast or lunch or dinner whatever is appropiate at this time. I start walking towards the lift and the big guy follows me. I remember his name, he is David and is one of my bodyguards.
As I get off the lift (the doors open), I see a crowd of girls yelling and crying like they were mad and several people, big people, like David keep the crowd away from me while I continue walking to the restaurant. There are a young pretty blonde woman and a man in his fifties who ask me to sit with them. I agree, I sit down and ask something to eat while we chat. They tell me that I have to attend a party tonight in order to continue with my last album promotion and that tomorrow in the morning we are leaving the city, so I should not drink too much there. Now I remember why I have been in so bad condition during all day. Last night I attended another party and I drank a lot and I do not even remember how I got to my room. I suppose that this is part of the job too, or maybe it is a good way to keep me under control, manipulate me and do not let me thinking a lot about what I am doing (last part of the sentence is not there really, it is just what I should think about but I do not because they are doing their job very well).
After I finished my meal, I left the table and I head to the lift again, followed by David. Just before taking the corridor that would take me to the lift, a teenager loomed up out behind a corner. My bodyguard is a bit nervous and is going to hurt the boy but I tell him to release the teenager and he does that way. But, as soon as David releases him, he jumps over me and sticks a razor blade in my stomach and in my chest. I feel big pain and start to drown in my own blood. I barely see David grabbing the kid and calling for help. I ask to myself: is this the price of fame or just part of the job?

No hay comentarios: