domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

50

Fifty is just a number, I know. But, it is also an achievement for me. I did something I did not mean to do when I started writing here. I started this blog just to help me to improve my writing skills in English. However, after fifty posts, I think it has become something else, something important to me. Sometimes, it helps me to express my thoughts, to make up my mind, or to sort my ideas, and doing it I usually understand better the way I am feeling. It could be consider like a sort of therapy.
I started writing this post several weeks back, but I could not finished it because I needed something else to write about. At first, I intended to do something different to "celebrate" these 50 entries in the blog. I wanted a friend of mine, who is also learning English, to write something to publish here, but she could not find her inspiration, and she did not send me anything to write (it was lack of inspiration, or maybe fear of the blank page), therefore I had to write it myself, as always. But now, I think I have something on my mind to write about.
Three days ago, I went to the Official Languages School to pick up the certificate that certifies me as an advanced English speaker, listener, reader and writer. Being realistic, that only proves that I was able to pass all the tests, and I consider that I have an intermediate level, not advanced at all. However, I intend to keep improving. Anyway, I am very happy after getting the certificate because I was not very optimistic before doing the exams. When I took my first test, I just  had been once to the Official Languages School before, to fill in the sign-up forms, and I did not know pretty much about the exams. Fortunately, a friend of mine who was attending classes there lent me some notes from her classes, and that helped me a bit to have an idea about the level and the structure of the tests.
Now, I have to look for another challenge with my English. I am aware that I still have a lot to learn, and I need to keep practicing as much as possible in order to improve, or at least to keep my current level. The fact is that I am sure I will do, because I enjoy a lot doing it, and that makes it much easier.

2 comentarios:

Genoveva dijo...

First of all I would like to be grateful to you for all these posts. In spite of the fact I do not follow you since the begining, when you told me about your new project to improve your writing skill I thought it would be a great idea. I realize I could understand all your feelings and ideas on your post and I was exciting for sharing my opinion. Beacause of this I promised you a comment about any post but my fear was bigger than I thought, fear to my mistakes, embarrassment to express my mind and a lot of nonsense doubts. Finally, I am writing (I can not believe it) the long-awaited comment in your fifth post.
I hope you continue with this task to help us to know about you a little more through your writings.
Thank you!
(Sorry about the grammatical mistakes, please check them)

justme dijo...

Hi. I am happy to see your comment. There are several mistakes, but no big deal.
By the way, I have to thank you too, because you used a couple of expressions I did not know.
I hope you keep learning. It is worth it.