martes, 7 de mayo de 2013

Talking to a child

A little girl is sitting in the school hall waiting for someone. She looks shy, and a bit nervous, but she handles all these feelings quite well. She is short and thin, and around 6 or 7 years old. She has long dark hair, and her skin is quite pale. Her big brown eyes stand out on her face. She is wearing what seems to be the school's uniform, and she is carrying a bag on her shoulder.
After a while, a young woman approached her. The woman was probably one of the teachers at the school and she came to welcome the new student.
    -Hello! You must be Sarah. I am Laura, and I am going to be one of your teachers here.
    -Hello!
    -I have been told that you do not speak Spanish. Is that right?
    -Yes, I am so sorry.
    -Do not worry. You will learn Spanish soon, we are here to help you. And you can help us with our    English. I am afraid it is quite rusty.
    -Thank you! I will try to learn as quickly as possible. And your English is quite good, I understand you very well, and I am very happy to have someone to talk to.
    -Ok, then. Are you ready to meet your classmates?
    -Yes, but I am very nervous.
    -There is no reason to be worried. They are looking forward to know you. They even have been asking things to the English teacher in order to be able to talk to you. I think you will get along very well.
    -Ok, I feel a bit better now. We can go.
    -Come on, then. This way.

No hay comentarios: