domingo, 1 de julio de 2012

Celebration

I am not really a football fan, but in the past I enjoyed when Spanish national football team won a championship. However, today I have been watching the game (the Eurocup final) in a bar full of people enjoying the historical event, and I didn't feel even a bit of excitement. I was reading a magazine during the first half, and I focused on TV only from time to time. Besides, I left the bar just after the fourth goal was scored, and before the game finished and the celebrations started. I don't feel I have anything to celebrate, and I am not pretending. When I was having my tea at the bar, I thought that the game was quite interesting, but nothing else. It was a feeling similar to watch a cricket match between England and Pakistan, I guess. I thought I was one in a million, I felt like a freak. Nonetheless, there are more people who feel like I do. I have just read this, and now I feel better. And I don't feel better because I am not a freak anymore (I don't mind about that, actually). I feel better because there are other people who know what is really important, and what is not. Finally, I am not criticizing people who enjoy Spanish team's victories. I am just worried about the fact that most people don't care about the economic situation of our country as much as about winning the Eurocup championship.

Note: I bet that tomorrow's edition of the majority of Spanish newspapers will put in their front page a huge picture of the Spanish football team, instead of a headline explaining the rising prices of gas, butane and electricity. And what is worse, people is not going to start reading until they find something related to the game.

1 comentario:

Susi dijo...

I think so, Esteban. It is incredible that the people are thinking only in footbal while "La marcha negra" is arriving to Madrid and a lot of people have truthful important problems.