lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

Friday night fever

I admit that this title can be a bit confusing. You can think that I am going to write about one friday night out partying, and I chose this title after the famous 70's movie 'Saturday night fever' starred by John Travolta. However, I think this title is more appropriate for my story than for that movie. Anyway, I am starting my story and after reading it you can judge yourself if I am right or wrong.
It is Sunday morning and I have been awake since 7:30 in the morning. This behavior is not very common for me. There are two reasons for it and I will explain them below.
First of all, I could not go out last night nor the night before despite having made plans. During Friday morning I started feeling sick, and I had fever. I spent all Friday afternoon lying in bed but my condition was getting worse and worse, and my body temperature kept rising. Finally, I went to the emergency room in the nearest health center at 2am. While I was there, I fainted and then I started to feel even worse. Therefore, the doctor decided to send me to the hospital. I reached the hospital by ambulance and I spent there the rest of the night, while the doctors were running several tests trying to find out the origin of my illness. When they got test results back, it was obvious that I had an infection. At that time, there was only one question left to answer, and it was about the focus of the infection. When they asked me about any recent wounds, I show them a blister on the bottom of my left foot and then the doctor realized that the foot was quite red and hot, so that would probably be the origin of the infection. He gave me a prescription for some antibiotics and some painkillers, and recommended rest for my legs during several days.

After the explanation above, I still did not clarify why I got up so early this morning. Well, I had to take my medication to fight the infection and to avoid bigger problems. Besides, after being lying in bed or in stretchers for more than 24 hours in a row, I really prefer standing.
In any case, I would have preferred to write about partying all night long, or even dancing (taking into account that my dancing skills are pretty bad).

No hay comentarios: