viernes, 1 de julio de 2011

Dictionary

Several days ago, something odd happened to me. I was trying to find out if a Galician word should be written in one way or another. I should clarify that I am a native speaker in Galician language, however in last years a lot of changes have been made in our language and that encouraged me to look up the word I had doubts about in the online official Galician dictionary. I was astonished for a long while, apparently those words do not exist. I am starting to think that I am not a native Galician speaker anymore. I have been trying to improve my English level for years in order to become a trilingual, and now I discover that I should study Galician again.
It was hard to believe the situation explained above, therefore I decided to add a couple of self-explanatory images to this post.


It would have been understandable if I could not find the term I was looking for. Nevertheless, I should have looked for avó -oa instead of avó. It sounds a little strange to me, and from now on I will not trust this dictionary very much. Would you?

No hay comentarios: