lunes, 27 de junio de 2011

Just walk

Yesterday, I woke up at 8 in the morning, several minutes before the alarm started ringing. It was something strange because I had gone to bed less than 3 hours before, but I decided to get up and have some breakfast. At that time I was feeling a bit tired and quite sleepy, but I was thinking about to go hiking around my village. A friend of mine had told me about this activity a couple of weeks ago and then I was considering to attend. After having breakfeast, I put some comfortable clothes on and I left home heading to the park where the trail started. My home is about one kilometer away from the starting point, so I went there walking in order to warm up. In my view, it was a success in terms of participation because there were about thirty people ready to start walking at 9:30 on Sunday morning. The weather was a bit cloudy and uncertain when we started but it was getting better during the morning.
I enjoyed a lot this activity, however I have to admit that my first thought when I was told about it was boring. In the end, I had a good time walking around my village, I discovered some places that I did not know about, and I had the opportunity to chat with some of my neighbors that I do not see very often.
In summary, I am looking forward to doing this activity again soon. In the meantime, I will add some of the places we visited yesterday to my running routes. In particular, I will use a narrow path by the river that I consider a really good option during the summer because you can go in the shade during almost all the route.

No hay comentarios: