viernes, 24 de junio de 2011

Words

I should not be writing this post. What is the point in writing or talking if you do not communicate or transmit something (an idea, some knowledge, feelings, etc.)? It does not make sense at all, does it?
Why do a lot of people talk and talk without saying anything that deserves to be heard? I have a theory, based in my experience. I think they love to hear their voice, maybe the same way when I enjoy listening to a singer playing a song.
It is nice to enjoy a good conversation with other people, but it is not very interesting when somebody talks about something without any interest or when tries to impose his or her ideas, or to manipulate you using their speech. Another bad use of words is when they are used to tell lies. When you do not want to share something with other people, you only have to remain silent, there is no need to lie. You can use your imagination for other more productive tasks.
I consider these behaviors unacceptable, but apparently they are widely accepted among public opinion.
I have always been quite cautious about expressing my opinions, and I like to think about what I am going to say before actually saying it. Sometimes, I would like to be more spontaneous, but the fact is that I am not. There are things that never change, for better or worse. I love to share my thoughts with other people, and I also like to hear other people's ideas, especially when they disagree with me. Then, I have to analyze what I heard and I usually learn things that I did not know or another point of view. If you take the time to listen to other people's opinions with an open mind, you will show your good education and you will likely learn something new.
In the end, it looks that I had more to say than I actually thought. I hope you think this lines deserve to be read, otherwise I am sorry to waste your time. Anyway, it was a good exercise to continue writing in English. I have to take advantage of every chance I have to write. I admit that some of the post are more interesting than others. That is because my inspiration is not always the same.