lunes, 2 de enero de 2012

Communication media

I have just seen my blog's statistics for the first time, and I am really surprised. My blog has been read in several locations all over the world, including USA, Germany, Japan or Russia. Something like that would have been inconceivable just about thirty years ago (at the time when I was born). However, these days you can publish anything you want to, and in a matter of seconds it will be available worldwide.
Regular people become immensely famous throughout the globe just publishing, for example, a video in Youtube. Sometimes, people watch the video because it is funny, or it shows somebody's talent, or even somebody's lack of it. You can also publish pictures, music, writings, or anything else you can save in electronic format.
On one hand, there are thousands of applications that allow us to communicate in any imaginable way over the Internet. On the other hand, communication issues among people are increasing. We can see everyday in the news the problems caused because the lack of understanding between different cultures, different gender or skin color, or different governments.
All the facts commented above make me think carefully about that, and it really seem confusing, even paradoxical. I am sure that the explanation to this behavior is not that simple, but I consider that people do not use all the power of communication media available to them to get to know better to other people, to share with them their thoughts about things really important, or to look for commonly accepted solutions to real problems.
To sum up, communication media are just the tool, and the way we use them is what really matters. As far as I am concerned, I am really happy to see that people from such different locations visit my blog. I would also love to see their opinions and comments.

No hay comentarios: