martes, 24 de enero de 2012

French

I have been trying to learn French for a while. I cannot say that I was successful until now. However, I think that this is about to change. I found a really interesting, and useful online resource. It is a webpage where you can find several tools to help you in the process of learning different languages like Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, etc. I find particularly helpful the Coffee Break course where you can learn easily trough 15 to 20 minutes lessons in audio mp3 format.
I started this course about a week ago, and I listened to first 10 lessons. I recalled a lot of what I learnt when I was in high school (I attended French classes then, but we could not practice conversation because our teacher was not a native speaker, and her level was far from good).
In my opinion, the best way to encourage a student to learn something is showing practical use of the concepts and theory explained. When regarding to language learning, practical use means making conversation.
My first French lessons were boring and almost painful, and I never felt capable of writing or speaking anything more than basic expressions (merci, bonjour, je m'appelle, au revoir, and a few more), and my reading skills are not much better.
After ten lessons, I am looking forward to listen to the next one to learn more things about French language, to increase my confidence, and I hope that in a few months I will be speaking, and writing using French, like I do in English.
I would like you to visit this page, because I am 100% sure that it is a valuable resource if you are interested in French learning. Besides, I think it is fair to advertise their site considering how helpful it is to me. If you want to learn other languages you can try the home page, where they have lessons in other languages.
To sum up, I hope these resources help you to find the right path for you in language learning. As far as I am concerned, I can finally say "Je parle un peu de franÇais". Hopefully, in a while I will know how to say "I know a lot of French", and it will be true. Anyway, I intent to keep writing in English in this blog.

À la prochaine.

No hay comentarios: