domingo, 20 de septiembre de 2009

Sport in moderation

Alone in the dark at night 4 or 5 kilometres far from home and thinking that you will never arrive there. I had that feeling yesterday and it was very unpleasant. I was quite tired but the real problem was that my legs was aching a lot and I almost could not walk. My t-shirt was completely full of sweat because of the effort made previously and cold wind was beginning to make me feel a bit frozen. I walked for several hundreds of metres and then I had to stop for a while to try to stretch my legs and avoid the horrible pain but it was completely useless. In the last 300 metres I had to stop three times and put myself against a wall to keep standing up.
The reason that caused all that agony was a "bit" of exercise. I had planned to spend yesterday afternoon watching Spain team playing in European Basketball Championship on TV. Nevertheless, a friend of me propose to go running for a while and we finally spend about 1 hour and 50 minutes running without stopping, and after that we were 5 or 6 kilometres from home. That was the worst part. I was quite well in general but I had a terrible sore leg and I almost could not walk. I was talking with myself trying to encourage me to make an effort and continue because I knew that if I stopped it would be harder to continue again later, and I was getting cold.
Finally, I could get home and inmediately I had a bath in hot water, trying to alleviate my pain and I got it. However, when I try to eat something to recover some energy I threw up all I had eaten but I felt quite well, only tired and I decided to go to bed and rest.
My partner in this crazy adventure suffered a lot to get home too, but he took a different way than me the last kilometres and then we were alone in that hard moments. Anyway, he is thinking about repeating this experience in two or three monts. I am not so sure but, who knows? It is said what does not kill you makes you stronger.
Today I cannot belive that I have suffered so many only walking but it was true, unbelievable but true. Because of that I think that sport can be harmful, unfortunately it is addictive too. So, practice sport in moderation. I will try to do the same.

No hay comentarios: