martes, 21 de diciembre de 2010

All the truth?

Newspapers and TV news programs have shown latest weeks a lot of information about Wikileaks, its founder Julian Assange and all the reactions to the massive leak of confidential data. Besides, Julian Assange has been charged for sexual assault to two women who attended to his conferences. This case seems really complex because of the huge amount of information generated, all the people and goverments involved and the possible consecuences of publishing it.
This is a good issue to talk about, but I am not going to do that. Thinking about that something came up to my mind. What if all the above was fake, I mean, if it was carefully prepared, like in a movie. Governments and powerful people who rule the world have all the elements needed to produce a movie of that kind, that is, they are plenty of money. We are helpless against them if they decide to manipulate us and the only thing that we can do is trying to make that work harder. Our problem is that if the movie script, the director, the actors and the other elements needed are good enough we will have to clap our hands at the end and to believe the full story.
I am not saying that the Wikileaks case is fake. I am just pointing the fact that it can happen and it is possibly happening right now somewhere. Communication media are very powerful and make it easier to interfere and modify the normal human behaviour. You only have to see that all the dictatorial regimes in the world try to control as much communication media as possible. In fact, when you watch the news from outside that countries, you can see perfectly what is happening because you have much more information than people living there have.
I read an article several years ago where was questioned the fact that Apollo XI landed on the Moon. In summary, the article explained that it was just a very good film used to intimidate the Soviet Union and make US citizens be proud of their country. It mentioned several images that apparently were against laws of physics. I cannot say if that event in history was real or not and like me, most people in the world. Beyond that, we can believe in communication media, but that is like believing in some god, it is faith not reality.
Another example, in this case completely fake, is the Orson Wells' radio drama based on the War of the Worlds that make listeners believe that an alien invasion was in progress.
Somebody can tell that I am going crazy but I always thought that reality overcomes fiction and I have not much faith, so I have to be a skeptic.
I am also a bit pessimistic, so I think that we are doomed to follow the leader. I mean, we will do what people who really rule the world want, without realizing it. I could compare us with lambs and I think you can find out who the sheperds are.
And to finish this post I would like to recommend you to watch the movie "Wag the dog" where you can see some of the previous ideas in practice.

No hay comentarios: