domingo, 26 de diciembre de 2010

Boxing day

Here in Spain, today is just the day after Christmas and my birthday, too. However, in the UK it is a very important day known as Boxing Day. It is a public holiday in the UK and several former British colonies. It is mainly dedicated to shopping and there is a lot of sport events during the day.
Today, I decided to celebrate my birthday doing some sport, despite I was a bit tired after being running yesterday in the morning. Besides, I am still suffering the flu but I am almost completely recovered now. And I am glad to say that I am in a good shape and I feel every day younger.
Today and yesterday we could enjoy a wonderful weather to practice sports outdoors. However, today was a bit cold to ride a bike without wearing gloves. I know it first hand and you can trust me, it is not a pleasant experience. Anyway, it was a morning of fun and for sure much better than staying at home in a warmer environment.
Fortunately, this year this day is on Sunday and we can enjoy it the same way as English people. Therefore, I celebrated Boxing Day in my way and it was mainly devoted to sport and friends because I do not like a lot going shopping.

No hay comentarios: