domingo, 26 de diciembre de 2010

Connecting ideas

I do not tend to watch King's Christmas message or, at least, do not tend to pay attention to them. This year I did not watch it and I did not read anything about it. Instead of that, I decided to do something different, something strange. This afternoon, I was watching Queen's Christmas message. What Queen? could you ask. United Kingdom's Queen, that is, Elizabeth II. Why would I do that? Well, I have no answer for that but I have an excuse, I was checking if royal family members speak in a way that I could understand them, just in case I have the chance to talk to one of them, you never know. And my conclusion is that the Queen speaks English correctly (not really a surprise for me but I needed to be sure).
I must also say that Queen's messages is as boring as King's. In fact, I have no intention to repeat this experience. I guess that seen one, seen all of them. In my opinion, it would be more entertaining to watch an episode of the Simpsons, a Comedy Club program, even a documentary on La2 channel. As a matter of fact, it would probably be more interesting any kind of program except Big Brother or any other reality show or gossip programs.
Maybe this lack of interest on my part is because I am not a big fan of monarchies or social classes. I consider that they should be buried in the past and I am not proud of living in a country that supports a monarchy. Somewhat, we could be compared with bees, that show a very social behavior differenciating between queens and workers. Should we be conform with this comparison or aspire to organize our society in a more correct way where social classes, discrimination, unfair wealth distribution, selfishness and other human defects do not exist.
We are all equals and should respect to each others. We should play as a team if we want to survive, and the basis in teams is respect among teammates. In my humble opinion, mankind is doomed to extinction if we keep our current behaviour, but I am aware that this is in our genes and it is not very likely that the change needed really happens.
I am sure that there is a lot of people that disagree with this opinion and I would like to listen to their refutation if it does not include ideas like hope, optimism, prayer or miracle.
For now, we can bet on what kind of apocalypse is waiting for us. If you need some help to collect ideas you can watch a lot of movies that will show you lots of different ways to lead mankind to extinction.

P.S.: I am certainly impressed of how I started writing about Christmas messages and I finished with human extinction. It is hard to explain how my mind links ideas, mainly because I have not a clue how it does.

No hay comentarios: